Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Italy

Over my many years of traveling no other country has felt more like a potential home than Italy. I can't explain what it is about the hustle and bustle of small cars weaving in and out between tourists eating their gelato as they take in the rich culture of this beautiful country.

I have had the privilege of going to Florence, Rome, Venice, Pisa, and the Amalfi Coast. I love finding those small restaurants just over the Ponte Vecchio in Florence and enjoying fine Italian food in a truly authentic Italian environment or touring the sights of Rome from the Spanish Steps to the Colosseum.

There are plenty of romantic hot spots in Italy, the Amalfi Coast and Isle of Capri to name a couple. Has anyone else experienced the death defying bus ride on the coast on the way down to Amalfi? That was an experience I'll never forget and once there the Lemon-cello is a must try.

I would love to hear some of your best recommended spots so that I can make my next trip to Italy an even better one.

No comments:

Post a Comment